Proof that chocolate really does kill: A New Jersey man died after falling into a vat of melted hot chocolate, reports Reuters. The 29-year-old was an employee of Cocoa Services Inc in Camden, New Jersey when he, along with four other workers, were standing on a platform above the vat throwing chunks of chocolate into it to be melted, Jason Laughlin, a rep for the Camden County Prosecutor’s Office said.
"He somehow slipped and fell into the vat," Jason said. "Inside the vat, he was hit by a piece of equipment called the agitator that’s used to stir, and that killed him."
The chocolate-filled vat was eight feet deep.
"At this point there’s no suggestion of foul play," said Jason. The Prosecutor’s Office believes that the victim died instantly from the agitator’s strike.