Michael Jackson is pushing back some of his London shows.
MJ’s camp announced Wednesday that opening night for his 50-show gig at the O2 Arena has been rescheduled for July 13, the Associated Press reports. It had originally been set to start on July 8.
Concerts slated for July 10, July 12 and July 14 have also been postponed until next March.
This news could fuel rumors that Michael is actually very sick, but his collaborator, Kenny Ortega, said the delay is purely to fine tune the show. "We apologize to all disappointed Michael Jackson fans and remain extremely dedicated and focused on creating an exceptional live music experience," he said
Concert promoters said that anyone who doesn’t want to attend the rescheduled shows can get a full refund for their tickets.
Meanwhile, Michael could be getting sued because he refuses to perform with his family. TMZ.com reports that AllGood Entertainment sat down with MJ and his father, Joe Jackson, to negotiate a family concert last Saturday.
Joe tried to convince the King of Pop to do the shows with Janet and The Jackson 5, but Michael wouldn’t budge. Reportedly, Michael wasn’t feeling the fact that the show would have aired on pay-per-view.
AllGood previously threatened to sue Michael for breach of contract with the family show, which was slated for 2010. Part of the contract stated that Michael couldn’t sign on to do any other concerts for 18 months. The singer later announced that he would be performing 50 shows at O2.
Michael claims that he never signed such a contract with AllGood, but his manager inked the deal on his behalf.
A few days after the heated meeting last weekend, AllGood reworked the offer and dropped the option for pay-per-view. There is no word on whether Michael will accept it, but if he doesn’t, the production company has said that it will slap the Jacksons with a lawsuit.
— Sonya Eskridge