Mathew Knowles is speaking out about allegations that he stole money from his famous first-born, Beyoncé.
Mathew told the Associated Press that he’s not responsible for any funds that may be missing from Bey’s bank. "We absolutely have not taken any money from Beyoncé, and all dollars will be accounted for," he told the AP Thursday. "In no way have we stole money. Again, this about the people who have made these claims—they have to come into the light."
The Music World label head filed a complaint in Texas court earlier this week, alleging that people in Bey’s camp have made "negative comments about [him]" in an attempt to smear his reputation. He counts members of Columbia Records, Live Nation Entertainment Inc. and Jay-Z’s Roc Nation, among the people bashing him.
Beyoncé ended the professional relationship with her father in March, when she fired him as her manager. Despite rumors that she and Mathew are no longer speaking to one another because of these accusations, he contends that he and his daughter are still close.
"The relationship with Beyoncé is extremely amicable. I want to make that clear. Where there’s concern is the people that she’s doing business with," Mathew said. "I’m challenging all of these folks on integrity, professional integrity."
He also asserts that he doesn’t believe the allegations against him are the reason why he no longer manages Bey, stating, "She changed almost every aspect of her business."
However, it seems as though he believes that his as manager was part of larger scheme.
"The team ironically appeared to be a cross-pollination of Beyoncé’s team, Roc Nation’s team, and Live Nation’s team, who ironically have the most to gain," Mathew said without deliberately stating that there was a plot to push him out. "I’ll let people come to their own conclusion."
— Sonya Eskridge