There have been plenty of sparks on “Real Housewives of Atlanta,” but what fans haven’t seen yet is an actual house on fire!
Kim Zolciak of the Atlanta franchise called emergency services to her home Thursday after a blaze broke out in her garage. Fortunately, no one was injured.
Season 5 of “Real Housewives of Atlanta” is currently taping, so some of the “excitement” may unfold on camera, but it seems the fire wasn’t anything major.
There was some dispute on the “RHOA” season 4 finale about whether the home Kim shares with hubby Kroy Biermann and her three children was rented or owned. However, Kim explained that the two hadn’t bought the home initially because they were unsure about whether Kroy, an NFL defensive end, would return to the Atlanta Falcons.
Strangely enough, that wasn’t the only bit of home drama on the series. Kim’s friend Sheree Whitfield was teased for delays in building her dream home, dubbed Chateau Sheree.
However, the former “RHOA” cast member said things are moving along.
“It’s going really great,” she said of the home’s construction. “You know, that takes time, and I want it done right. I don’t want nobody to come over, blow on it and it falls down,” she told Essence.com.
Kim, who is expecting another baby soon, took time to thank the fire department for quickly responding to the home emergency.
“Shout out to Roswell Fire Dept for their quick response this morning! God is always on my side! #grateful,” she tweeted.
—Tracy L. Scott