Michael Vick has been approved to spend the last two months of his jail sentence under house arrest.
A government official told the Associated Press the only reason Mike won’t be going to a halfway house in Newport News, Virginia is because there is just no room for him there.
Michael had been serving almost two years in prison after he pleaded guilty to funding a dogfighting ring. The operation was run out of Surry County, Virginia home under the name BadNewz Kennels. Michael also admitted that he had a hand in killing some of the losing dogs.
The suspended NFL quarterback’s lawyers said they thought he would be moved to the halfway house in a few days. Because of the change in plans he‘ll now be released to his home in Hampton, Virginia on, or after, May 21.
According to bankruptcy court papers, that home is one of four houses that Michael still owns.
Lawyers in Michael’s bankruptcy battle will be heading to court today for hearing in his Chapter 11 case. The baller’s third financial disclosure statement is the central issue; his two previous statements were denied, the AP reports.
At Judge Frank Santoro’s request, Michael’s newest statement comes with a flow chart that provides a better understanding of how Mike’s assets will be handled.
Joel Enterprises Inc., one of Michael‘s major creditors, objects to the statement. They say it doesn’t include some key information that would help collectors decide whether to support the suspended player’s reorganization plan.
– Sonya Eskridge