Whoopi blasts New York Times again

    Comments: 0  | Leave A Comment

    Apparently, Whoopi Goldberg is still mad about that New York Times article and she’s letting everyone know why.

    When Whoopi went off about being left off the list of Black actors who have won Oscars, it made headlines. Afterall, Whoopi snagged an Oscar in 1990 for her performance in Ghost. She later apologized when she found that the article was ony talking about those who had won an Oscar since 2002.

    According to The Hollywood Reporter, however, Whoopi is still irked about the fact that the New York Times didn’t include the full list.

    “This idea that there’s something wrong, something missing, seemed very inaccurate to me. And it was,” Whoopi said Wednesday after hosting an exhibit of Oscar statues at Grand Central Terminal. “And there are a lot of people in that small little world of Black Oscar folks. And, yeah. If you’re going to talk about it, then talk about it. Don’t sort of talk around it. That was my point.”

    Whoopi, who said that significant strides had been made since Hattie McDaniel’s Oscar win in 1939, was chosen to host the exhibit before all the hoopla surrounding her initial reaction to the Times article. 

    Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Science spokesman Patrick Harrison said Whoopi was a natural choice to host the exhibit because she’s been nominated for two Oscars, won one, and she’s hosted the awards ceremony four times. The exhibit will be on display at Grand Central until February 27, when the Oscars air on ABC.

     

     

    – Sonya Eskridge

     

     

     

    Here’s more:
    Whoopi reveals drug addiction
    Whoopi Goldberg explains walk-off 

    Whoopi Goldberg blasts ‘New York Times’

     

    Tags:

    Comments

    blog comments powered by Disqus